Revelation
Our challenge is not in somehow coaxing the Lord to speak to us; our challenge is understanding what He has to say and preparing and learning how to understand Him when He speaks.
---Sheri Dew--- "God Wants A Powerful People"
---Sheri Dew--- "God Wants A Powerful People"
Wednesday, September 2, 2009
Sneakin' up on me
I was minding my own business, in fact I was picking the very last of the raspberries for the season when I hear a deep voice that says "What are you doing?" I thought I would faint right there and then. I couldn't believe when I looked up and saw Sharm standing there! Of course I got all teary-eyed and my love bucket was all filled immediately! I knew that he was trying to come home for the weekend but wouldn't come until Friday, so it was such a pleasant surprise to have him a day early. I've discovered that you can be quite lonely even having your children around. You just feel very incomplete without your better half. Angie asked me what we were going to do all weekend. I said "do? We don't have to do anything, just being together and talking fills my empty reservoir."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
OBEDIENCE
"When obedience ceases to be an irritant
And becomes our quest,
In that moment God will endow us with power"
Pres. Ezra Taft Benson
And becomes our quest,
In that moment God will endow us with power"
Pres. Ezra Taft Benson
1 comment:
Sure wish dad was home for good. This has been a pretty big trial for both of you. I can only imagine what it feels like on your end. But counting down in weeks to when you get to see him again should make it somewhat easier.
Post a Comment